- The Sick Leave Bank is a voluntary program for participating VVTA bargaining unit members.
- To be eligible to receive time for the sick leave bank, the member has contributed to the Sick Leave Bank during the school year in which the member is requesting days from the Sick Leave Bank.
- Sick Leave Bank days will be granted only when a member has exhausted all accumulated paid leave as a result of a catastrophic illness or injury of a temporary nature that is supported by a physician’s note.
- A participating member may draw on the Sick Leave Bank by making a request to the VVTA President.
- When a bargaining unit member’s request is approved, the days shall be granted up to a maximum of thirty (30) days per school year